- About Facial Ageing
- Brow Droop
- Cheek Enhancement
- Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Lower Face
- Volume Loss
- Wrinkles and Lines
Ageing in the lower face is mostly caused by a long period of constant facial movement as well as gravity itself and sun exposure. Ageing causes considerable loss of volume and elasticity of the soft tissue. It also causes loss of bone. The changes include the following:
- Wrinkles, particularly around the jaw, neck lines and lips.
- Loss of definition and volume in the lips.
- The development of grooves next to the nose.
- The jaw lines appearing tired.
There are non-surgical treatments available:
- A wrinkle injections help to lower the appearance of lip wrinkles by elevating the corners of the mouth and getting rid of the frown. It also improves the appearance of the chin. For more information see wrinkle injections
- Dermal fillers may be used to enhance the shape of the lip and its definition. They can also add more volume between the mouth and jaw line to get rid of the grooves caused by ageing. For more information see dermal fillers
- Fraxel is the latest in fractional laser skin rejuvenation, and it is known to lessen fine lines and provide volume to the skin by stimulating the development of collagen and elastic tissue. For more information see Fraxel
- Peels and microdermabrasion and certain prescribed skin products can also improve the appearance of the skin.